• 450g/1ib sweet potatoes, peeled and
• 1 medium onion or two shallots, chopped
• 3 stalks celery, thinly chopped
• 150 ml/ 5fl oz vegetable stock or single
cream ( no dairy also available)
• Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon cooking oil
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
(or half fresh cayenne red pepper)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sauté the sweet potato, onion and celery
in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes or
until potato is soft, then liquidise.
- Return to the saucepan and add stock/
cream. Stir and season with salt, pepper and
nutmeg and serve.
• Contact: email@example.com